Re: Granite Canyon DNS

Subject: Re: Granite Canyon DNS
From: Craig Callender (craigc@corith.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:30:38 AKST

A lot of providers don't specify a blank A record, but only hostnames,
such as www, mail, pop, etc...

Anyways, that's the way my company works.

Ja meta,
Craig

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:40:49 -0900
From: James F. Zuelow Jr. <jamesz@ideafamilies.org>
To: Aklug <aklug@aklug.org>
Subject: Granite Canyon DNS

I think I made a big mistake by moving my domain (zuelow.net) over to the
Granite Canyon DNS servers - they seem to be semi-operational at best and
now everything is in limbo. I have the confirmation e-mail saying my zone
was set up, but when I do a `host zuelow.net ns1.granitecanyon.com` I get a
message saying that there is no A record for the domain, and
ns2.granitecanyon.com is just plain missing.

Does anyone on the list use Granite Canyon's DNS servers? Other
recommendations?

Cheers,

James

        In the beginning there was data. The data was without form and
null, and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of
IBM was moving over the face of the market. And DEC said, "Let there
be registers"; and there were registers. And DEC saw that they
carried; and DEC separated the data from the instructions. DEC called
the data Stack, and the instructions they called Code. And there was
evening and there was morning, one interrupt.
                -- Rico Tudor, "The Story of Creation or, The Myth of Urk"