[aklug] Re: Gui WYSIWYG web development tools

From: WH Bouterse <bill@bouterse.com>
Date: Sat Jul 17 2010 - 08:47:20 AKDT

I too know pro webfolks who have used Dreamweaver; in one case over 10 years.
It CAN be run through WINE...
I have installed and tested the 30day demo .
However there are those who use open-source tools instead.

This http://www.w3.org/Amaya/ has interested me for years but I know no-one who has used it !?

Here's a long outdated link but with some useful info
http://tips.webdesign10.com/using-linux-for-web-design-and-development-ubuntu

From the time years ago when a little HTML coding and GIMP could get one up and running
things sure have changed.!

WHB