[aklug] Re: Gui WYSIWYG web development tools

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 09:39:58 AKDT

Quoting WH Bouterse <bill@bouterse.com>:

> I too know pro webfolks who have used Dreamweaver; in one case over 10 years.
> It CAN be run through WINE...
> I have installed and tested the 30day demo .
> However there are those who use open-source tools instead.
>
> This http://www.w3.org/Amaya/ has interested me for years but I know
> no-one who has used it !?

Of the two that I tried over the last few days, Amaya worked better for me.

There was almost no learning curve as most things worked as I expected
them to.

Kompozer, for me, was not able to produce a very simple form. I'm
confident it was because I had no idea how to use it correctly, but
that is why I would give it a -1.

Just my 2 cents on ubuntu 10

Mike B.