Re: Those IT guys are loony

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 10:03:58 AKDT

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Greg Madden wrote:

> I think if Arthur wants more direction or intellectual stimulization in
> Aklug he should help provide it. I am a user, myself, go to Friday Nite ,
> and from my perspective we have introduced many new people to Linux, and
> continue to do so.

Over the history of the group I have volunteered a *lot* of my time to do
just that, Greg, so don't get sanctimonious on me. The reason why I didn't
continue is that eventually it becomes draining, not engaging, for all the
reasons I've already stated.

> This is only one aspect of Aklug, it is very successful, it is all I am
> able to help out in . If some group of Aklugers need more they need to
> provide it, not make the people who are helping the entry level feel less
> deserving. Aklug is working.

AKLUG is not working. It may be enough for a small handful, but if you
recall those days in the '90s it was *much* more lively and exciting than it
is now. Don't delude yourself. Much of the magic has gone, but I would
like to see it return to its former glory.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die