Re: Those IT guys are loony - Here's some more perspective

From: W.D.McKinney <deem@wdm.com>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 10:25:28 AKDT

The magic in AKLUG always has been and will be, simply put - the people. Linux is what brought us together in the beginning and what was a really good alternative to other operating systems.
I think we ought to pursue formalizing AKLUG as we have grown up just as Linux has as well.
There is a much larger diversity of users and it covers large Enterprises and home users. We did not have this in the same fashion in the beginning.

I have a lot of ideas but it seems we need more open minds.

Have fun,
-Dee