Re: Those IT guys are loony

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 16:37:06 AKDT

On Saturday 17 March 2007, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Greg Madden wrote:
> > I think if Arthur wants more direction or intellectual stimulization
> > in Aklug he should help provide it. I am a user, myself, go to Friday
> > Nite , and from my perspective we have introduced many new people to
> > Linux, and continue to do so.
>
> Over the history of the group I have volunteered a *lot* of my time to
> do just that, Greg, so don't get sanctimonious on me. The reason why I
> didn't continue is that eventually it becomes draining, not engaging,
> for all the reasons I've already stated.
>
> > This is only one aspect of Aklug, it is very successful, it is all I
> > am able to help out in . If some group of Aklugers need more they
> > need to provide it, not make the people who are helping the entry
> > level feel less deserving. Aklug is working.
>
> AKLUG is not working. It may be enough for a small handful, but if you
> recall those days in the '90s it was *much* more lively and exciting
> than it is now. Don't delude yourself. Much of the magic has gone,
> but I would like to see it return to its former glory.
>
> --Arthur Corliss
> Live Free or Die

One thing about lists, it is difficult to portray emotion accuratley. I
have alot of repect for you Arthur, you have helped me in the past. I
apologize if anything I said reflected negatively on you .

The plus side is we (aklug) are having a lively disscusion. There are
many facets to Aklug. Some are doing well, imho, some may need more
support. I am willing to help out in whatever fashion I can as time
permits.

caveat, I am a small business owner that uses Linux, not a Linux person
aquiring skills for employment.

Peace

--
Greg Madden