Re: Terminal emulation for serial port

Subject: Re: Terminal emulation for serial port
From: Andy Firman (andy@firman.us)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 04:27:15 AKST

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:52:07PM -0900, jonr@destar.net wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a box that only has a serial port for the
> connection. I have a null modem cable and can connect to it using windows
> hyperterm. I want to be able to do this using linux but have so far
> failed.
>
> These are the settings I need:
>
> ANSI/VT100
> 19200 baud
> 8 databits
> no parity
> 1 stop bit
> no flow control
>
> I am using Com1 which I believe in RH9 is /dev/ttyS0, can anyone confirm
> this?

I went through the exact same exercise. Hyperterm worked but minicom did not.

I remember it was a config file for minicom that needed tweaking
so that is probably where the issues lies.

What is in your minirc file?

This is what I have which is not the auto-generated file:

~$ cat /etc/minicom/minirc.ttyS0
pr port /dev/ttyS0
pu baudrate 19200
pu minit