Terminal emulation for serial port

Subject: Terminal emulation for serial port
jonr@destar.net
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 12:52:07 AKST

I am trying to connect to a box that only has a serial port for the
connection. I have a null modem cable and can connect to it using windows
hyperterm. I want to be able to do this using linux but have so far
failed.

These are the settings I need:

ANSI/VT100
19200 baud
8 databits
no parity
1 stop bit
no flow control

I am using Com1 which I believe in RH9 is /dev/ttyS0, can anyone confirm
this?

I have tried kermit and minicom but can't seem to figure out how to get
the right command line arguments strung together. Is there something else
out there that is a little more "user friendly"?

Thanks for any help,

Jon