Re: Imap

Subject: Re: Imap
From: Andy Firman (andy@firman.us)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 04:12:40 AKST

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:52:12PM -0900, Jim Wadell wrote:

> Thanks, Andy, totally missed the bit in the WU FAQ. Scott, thanks for
> the tip about Bincimap. I started looking at Courier and shuddered!

I don't find it difficult at all and have done Courier-IMAP both
as a Debian package and from source on a Redhat 7.3 server with Qmail.
All the users have the Maildir's in their home directories.
There are good INSTALL and README files and good mailing list support.
Give it a try.

One thing I just discoverd is SQWebmail.
http://www.inter7.com/sqwebmail.html

This is PERFECT for small businesses that don't want to pay $1,000
for Groupwise or Exchange and all the vendor lock-in CRAP that comes
with it. And your data is not wrapped up in
some proprietary format so that is a really, really good thing.
Been looking for something like this for quite a while.

It has support for global contacts and shared calendar and one
can also share mailbox folders. So employees can either use
Outlook, Mozilla, whatever, and see the folders using IMAP, or they can
simply use the web interface.

Not as pretty as Squirrelmail, but way more functional.