Re: Terminal emulation for serial port

Subject: Re: Terminal emulation for serial port
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 18:53:29 AKST

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:52:07 -0900 (AKST)
jonr@destar.net wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a box that only has a serial port for the
> connection. I have a null modem cable and can connect to it using
> windows hyperterm. I want to be able to do this using linux but have
> so far failed.

I gave up on minicom, as I could never get it to "just connect"
without complaining that there was no carrier signal on my null modem.
 The docs don't seem to have a null-modem example that I could ever
find. I've met a few people that have gotten minicom to work on a null
modem cable, but none that had their config file handy!

I use microcom instead. It just works.

--link--
http://microcom.port5.com/
--link--