Re: Recording webcams

Subject: Re: Recording webcams
From: Jim Courtney (courtney@ieee.org)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 16:44:28 AKDT

At one time I used a program from http://motion.sourceforge.net. It can be
set up to record snapshots to disk only upon detecting a change in the
image. The sensitivity and the delay between snapshots are configurable,
and it can convert the snapshots to an mpeg movie and send emails or run
external programs after detecting an event. You can capture a whole days
activity in very little space (around here anyway...) Lots of fun.
JC