Re: ps/2 remote socket needed

Subject: Re: ps/2 remote socket needed
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net )
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 16:56:09 AKDT

Well, Stanley, I think I know what you are taking about. I remember
purchasing one of those thingys at Frigid North. It would not do to rip
one off of a motherboard.

Hope to see you tonight. fgd.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:45:03PM -0800, Stanley Long wrote:

> Anybody have a ps/2 socket to donate or sell cheap?
>
> One of our "giveway" boxes just lost the mouse port. It is a ps/2 socket
> in a card-slot filler strip, wires to a 5-pin inline point on the
> motherboard. This is a K6-2/400 setup.
>
> Having a replacement would let me get rid of this project.
>
> I should be at the Friday Linux worksession, but could be persuaded to
> pickup donations :-)
>
> Also, if we started locating more 400mHz "throwaway" boxes, we would
> gladly convert the 266/300 mHz pancake boxes to firewalls. They are
> great machines, but don't recognize enough memory to allow good GUI
> desktops.
>
> 9-STAR can use more machines in the community classes, and their
> non-profit statis is recognized.
>
> Stanley Long
> 337-2303
> 337-6161

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .-.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Woody" v3.0r1
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^