Shameless hardware request

Subject: Shameless hardware request
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 15:12:48 AKDT

Greetings all!

My name is Joshua Kugler. You've seen my name on this list before from
isd@asuaf.org. I'm still the Info. Services Director for ASUAF, but I am
also now (as of yesterday) the new president of the UAF LUG.

We're trying to get the ball rolling on a couple projects, mainly: cluster
computing, grid computing, and Linux thin clients. We have some hardware
available locally (UAF surplus is fun), but we will probably be in need of
more hardware.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any hardware they'd be willing to donate.
Linux terminals probably would be upper end Pentiums (as in P166 to P233).
For clustering and grid computing, I think "high end" PII or low end PIII
would be our minimums there. If you have full systems, that would be great,
but we know how to assemble parts too.

Getting the stuff to Fairbanks from Anchorage might be a challenge, but I'm
sure we could work something out.

Thanks for any help you can give!

- Joshua

--