Re: thin clients/ X stations?

Subject: Re: thin clients/ X stations?
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 16:42:43 AKDT

(Sorry Lee...I hit reply, not reply to all. :)

Further question:

I've started reading on the Linux Terminal Server project, and have a
question about hardware requirements.  I know the server needs to be beefy
because it's running the apps, but what about the clients?  They don't need a
lot of horse power, but I don't want them dragging either (especially on
screen updates).  What are the recommended minimums for memeory, processor
and video?

Also, has anyone done a price point study to see where it actually does
become cheaper to have one big server and several small clients as opposed to
several clients?

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks