Re: (no subject)

Subject: Re: (no subject)
enderak@gci.net
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 11:56:35 AKDT

Most newer drives will read either, regardless of if they are a burner or not. For instance, my new (well, 3+ years old now) car CD player reads both cd-r and cd-rw just fine. My previous one would only read cd-r. Same goes for regular players, and cd-roms. Pretty much anything within the last few years can read anything.

But, I agree - with older players, it can be a big issue, and media-type can be the problem. Where do you find dark-bottomed media these days? Used to be that was all they had, but now, all I see are the light-bottomed media.

Justin