Re: cdrecord

Subject: Re: cdrecord
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 07:42:21 AKST

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Adam Elkins wrote:

> I'm using a Iomega ZipCD 650. usb. I tried again with another iso, and it burned fine, but I still got the error.
> Other than that, Slackware 8.1, 2.4.18 stock kernel and as mentioned, it's a usb drive.
> Comand I used 'cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -eject <isofilehere>'
>
> Adam

Ahhh, the SCSI emulation layer.

But, if it is working, it is working.

The SCSI emulation layer is a required item, for a non SCSI burner
anyway. Even an IDE burner is ATAPI (ATAPI is SCSI commands over an
IDE bus, this is why scsi emu is needed for IDE burners). It may be
that the drive simply does not support the command. Also, when
running via the USB:SCSI layer the first probe after media change
*may* fail (depending on the device and if it auto reports a media
change).

--
I route, therefore you are.