Re: cdrecord

Subject: Re: cdrecord
From: Adam Elkins (i-robot@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 08:06:08 AKST

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:20:17 -0700 (MST)
"Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown@woods.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Adam Elkins wrote:
>

> > When using cdrecord, I get this;
> >
> > cdrecord: Warning: controller creates hard SCSI failure when retrieving CD capaities page.
> >
> > The cd continues to burn though, but I doesn't work (for iso's anyway)
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Adam
>

> Well, the SCSI host adapter brand and model, the driver you are using
> for it, kernel version, cdburner brand/model, the reported bus/id/lun
> for the CDR, notes on the cabling and termination config and any other
> devices on the bus would be helpful.
>

> Or if using ATAPI, detailed on your IDE bus setup for both channels,
> etc...
>

> --
> I route, therefore you are.

I'm using a Iomega ZipCD 650. usb. I tried again with another iso, and it burned fine, but I still got the error.
Other than that, Slackware 8.1, 2.4.18 stock kernel and as mentioned, it's a usb drive.
Comand I used 'cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -eject <isofilehere>'

Adam