RE: web access problems

Subject: RE: web access problems
From: Jan Zumwalt (jwzumwalt@neatinfo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 04:35:05 AKST

I switched from GCI two years ago because GCI was doing that to me. Starting
with about 6mo ago ACS has been doing the same thing. What I notice is that
certain times of the day or night will all of a sudden come to a screeching
halt. Most notably is 4-5pm and then again about 1am.
The symptoms are immediately noticeable. On downloads I usually get 25k bps,
but during those times it will drop to 3-4k bps. The fastest I have ever
received is 38k bps. I know it is ACS because Arthur's box is hosting my
home page - that should be a straight shot for ACS. The information flow
from my web site will start the herky jerky and last one to two hours.
I have a memory like an elevant, ACS may have me over a barrel at the moment
but when the next game comes into town, they will loose my money for many
years to come. I have been watching ATT very closely. I am hoping that ATT
will be viable in a year or two.
JZ