web access problems

Subject: web access problems
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 01:03:58 AKST

I seem to have problems accessing certain websites. I had been thinking
it was a problem with ACS's DNS, but after that deal with Dee's LDP
mirror site the other day, I'm wondering if the problem could be
elsewhere.

When I attempt accessing some websites, notably Alaska Computer Brokers
(www.akcb.com) and occasionally ebay. I get anywhere from 50% to 90% of
the page loaded, then information transfer just stops. No error
messages, no timeouts, just stops. When I access them from my box at
work through GCI using all the same software, everything works normally.

I attempted talking to ACS's tech support about this a couple of months
ago and got the usual line about our stuff is working fine, it must be
the site you're accessing.

Jim Gribbin