Re: linux to XP file transfers are slow

Subject: Re: linux to XP file transfers are slow
From: Jacob Gemmell (evilbob@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:12:32 AKST

On your switch, what kind of connection is it showing? Is it showing 100
Full-Duplex? Yo may need to go into the network card settings and set the
transfer rate to 100 Mb/s Full Duplex on your XP box rathre than rely on
the Autodetect.

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 jonr@destar.net wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:37:32 -0900 (AKST)
> From: jonr@destar.net
> To: aklug@aklug.org
> Subject: linux to XP file transfers are slow
>

> I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it. I am
> trying to transfer a file between RH7.3 and WinXP Pro and am getting
> horrible transfer rates. Here is how it is setup:
>
> I have a folder on the XP box mounted on my RH box. The two systems both
> have 10/100 cards and are both plugged into a linksys 10/100 switch. Also
> plugged into the switch is my freebsd box but file transfers between RH
> and freebsd are what you would expect.
>
> When I try to transfer a file to XP it takes forever. I am trying to 'mv'
> the file over but it doesn't matter if it is a 'mv' or a 'cp' it is still
> slow.
>
> It is transfering at the rate of: 1008kb/m
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Jon

evilbob@sdf.lonestar.org

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.