linux to XP file transfers are slow

Subject: linux to XP file transfers are slow
jonr@destar.net
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 15:37:32 AKST

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it. I am
trying to transfer a file between RH7.3 and WinXP Pro and am getting
horrible transfer rates. Here is how it is setup:

I have a folder on the XP box mounted on my RH box. The two systems both
have 10/100 cards and are both plugged into a linksys 10/100 switch. Also
plugged into the switch is my freebsd box but file transfers between RH
and freebsd are what you would expect.

When I try to transfer a file to XP it takes forever. I am trying to 'mv'
the file over but it doesn't matter if it is a 'mv' or a 'cp' it is still
slow.

It is transfering at the rate of: 1008kb/m

Any Ideas?

Jon