Re: installing gnucash with apt-get

Subject: Re: installing gnucash with apt-get
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 19:54:49 AKST

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 09:38, Damien Hull wrote:

> I broke my box a few days ago and had to reinstall everything. The only
> thing left to install is gnucash. I had it installed before but for some
> reason "apt-get install gnucash" doesn't work. All I get out of it is
> dependency problems.
>
> There seems to be a file that is apart of another binary that is all
> ready installed. When installing gnucash apt-get tries to over write the
> file. For some reason it can't and apt is unable to install gnucash
> because it was unable to install all of the dependencies.
>
> If anyone knows how to fix this problem let me know. I would like to use
> gnucash.
>
> I'm going to try and compile gnucash from scratch to see if that works.
> Looks like it's going to be a long night of compiling and installing
> dependency after dependency. What fun!

If you are using Woody, gnucash installs no problem. The version of
gnucash that comes with woody is 1.6.6.1, so if you can live with that
you won't have any dependancy problems with woody.

Try 'apt-get -f install' if you do have a Woody system & things are
broken.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.