installing gnucash with apt-get

Subject: installing gnucash with apt-get
From: Damien Hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 09:38:30 AKST

I broke my box a few days ago and had to reinstall everything. The only
thing left to install is gnucash. I had it installed before but for some
reason "apt-get install gnucash" doesn't work. All I get out of it is
dependency problems.

There seems to be a file that is apart of another binary that is all
ready installed. When installing gnucash apt-get tries to over write the
file. For some reason it can't and apt is unable to install gnucash
because it was unable to install all of the dependencies.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem let me know. I would like to use
gnucash.

I'm going to try and compile gnucash from scratch to see if that works.
Looks like it's going to be a long night of compiling and installing
dependency after dependency. What fun!