Re: Networking

Subject: Re: Networking
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 12:21:37 AKST

The easiest thing to do is get a switch, or a hub, and connect via.
PPPoE separately. - So you will have one DSL line, but several computers
can be connected simultaneously.

The better thing to do would be to get an inexpensive router or
smoothwall box, and share the connection that way - but that requires
purchasing/building some more equipment, although you can get a simple
router/switch combo for $50 - only 10 or 20 bucks more than just a
switch alone

The fact that you have a Windows machine and a Linux machine makes no
difference - it should work either way you choose to do it.

Regards,
Justin