Re: Networking

Subject: Re: Networking
From: Matthew Dunaway (fert@eagle.ptialaska.net)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 11:28:01 AKST

Cool!
Thank you Justin.
I will probably have more questions for you and the list next week when I
geteverything.

Justin Dieters wrote:
The easiest thing to do is get a switch, or a hub, and connect via. PPPoE
separately. - So you will have one DSL line, but several computers can be
connected simultaneously. The better thing to do would be to get an
inexpensive router or smoothwall box, and share the connection that way -
butthat requires purchasing/building some more equipment, although you can
get a simple router/switch combo for $50 - only 10 or 20 bucks more than
justa switch alone The fact that you have a Windows machine and a Linux
machine makes no difference - it should work either way you choose to do it.
Regards, Justin Matthew Dunaway wrote: Hello, I am getting DSL next week.
:-)My question is, I have SuSE 8.1 Personal. My wife's computer has Windows
98SE Can I share DSL with both operating systems? Or do I have to have Linux
on both? --------- To unsubscribe, send email to <aklug-request@aklug.org>[1]
with 'unsubscribe' in the message body. .

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:aklug-request@aklug.org