Re: CD ROM Burners

Subject: Re: CD ROM Burners
From: Fielder George Dowding (fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 20:23:04 AKST

Alas! Stopped by the ol' Fake SCSI trick. I am having the same
problem. I am running Debian Woody (3.0r0) and attempting to set up
a burner for my shack, home work station. The burner software,
cdrecord, insists on talking SCSI exclusively. So, one must set up
the IDE burner as a SCSI device.

I am also the custodian of the APLUG burner box which has the same
set up but it works. Maybe Friday at the AKLUG Lab session if there
is one, I will be able to figure it out. At the moment I am
dumbfounded.

A final note: the GUI application, XCDRoast just runs cdrecord from
its friendly, intuitive, interface. =:-)}}} fgd.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:51:22 -0000

--
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska