CD ROM Burners

Subject: CD ROM Burners
From: Williams Barry C 59TH SIG BN S3 NETWORK(n) (barry.c.williams@us.army.mil)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 07:51:22 AKST

I have tried two different Burner programs under KDE 3 on Debian 3.0 and
both fail due to no SCSI device found. The system works fine with the
installed IDE CD-ROMs and sees both IDE devices until I try to burn a CD. I
have see a reference to SCSI emulators, is this necessary or are there CD
Burners out there that will recognize an IDE device? I have checked program
configurations and both products nether have a option for using anything
other than a SCSI drive. Please educate me.