Re: Modems

Subject: Re: Modems
From: Adam Elkins (i-robot@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 11:59:39 AKST

Well, basicly a hardware modem has it's own software, or 'firmware'. Soft=
=20
Modems depend on the os to provide it's software, or drivers. a Winmodem =
was=20
an idea someone had depending on M$ to run it. So, the jist of it is soft=
=20
modems need os based software to work correctly. Hard modems don't.=20

Adam