Re: Afio

Subject: Re: Afio
From: Jim Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 15:27:34 AKST

Mike Tibor wrote:

>You can create keys without a password, but that might not be appropriate
>depending on the environment.

I'll have to research what keys are... Environment must refer to the
security environment? At present there's no one inside whom would
present a problem, but one always worries about the hackers.

>Take a look at AMANDA too. ( http://www.amanda.org ) I use it here at the
>Library and also at home, and I absolutely love it. I don't know if it
>can be made to work with afio though. I use it with dump/restore.
>
>Mike

Ok, I took a quik look at it and sifting through the backup book chapter
that is linked from the webpage, looks like there could be a bit of
learning curve there too. Would you consider it a program that a
relative novice should attempt at configuring and using? Searching the
mailing list archives didn't turn up much mention of afio so looks like
a dump/restore would be needed.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers, Jim