Re: apu pc's

Subject: Re: apu pc's
From: James Gibson (james@elimstone.2y.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 00:50:23 AKDT

On 7 Jul 2002, Jim Gribbin wrote:
> I don't recall a bunch of pii boxes getting donated. Mostly 486, maybe
> the odd 586 or 386, but no pii's.
>
> > I guess apu had a bunch of Kingston PC's (p2's or somethin in them),
> > they dumped them and got Dells, (Something to do with low-end
> > motherboards acting up) I remember Brad giving me a cdrom out of one way
> > back...I know you have some of the moniters that were with them (You
> > gave me one).

If I'm remembering what Adam is thinking of (and I'm pretty sure) there
was a batch of equipment that came in: there were two p166s I believe, one
was rehab'd and given to a broke college student (not me) and the other
was later determined to be DOA. There was also a p233 with a dead
motherboard, and two mini-towers; one with a socket-7 mobo sans processer,
and one with no mobo. There were some junk 15 inch moniters that joined
the heap in one of Stan's vans. But no pIIs..

I know that, at least while I was there, APULUG recieved nothing better
than that. There were a couple compaq pentium 90s in use that, IIRC,
originated from one of the regulars.

> > Nothing fancy. I'm growing tired of these 486's....I need to move on.
> > =)
Been there. Believe me, I've been there... ask my mom, or Stan's wife.. =)
Look at it this way, if you let go of the 486s, you open up space for
things like HP Apollo 710s or Sparcstaion IPXs to enter.. *sighs* okay, so
I haven't kicked the old-hardware habit yet.. *grins*

--James