Re: [aklug-ops] Looking for ISP that supports Linux

Subject: Re: [aklug-ops] Looking for ISP that supports Linux
From: James Gibson (james@elimstone.2y.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 00:56:26 AKDT

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 mbarsalou@aidea.org wrote:
> Although MTA says they don't support Linux, I believe there are a few
> people on the mailling list that are using them with Linux. I am
> assuming since you are sending this e-mail you have some way of getting
> access to the internet. If so, please sign up on the aklug maillist by
> going to www.aklug.org and follow the links for the mailling list.
>
> If you are still having problems. Mail me directly and I will get you started.
>
> Mike Barsalou

a Smoothwall or ipcop box will handle it no problem.. I've also
successfully setup a floppyfw box to talk to MTA..

I'm interested to hear though: How is distro support for pppoe nowadays?
I'll find out myself here in a week or so when I give my neighbor a hand
configuring her box to work with pacbell's DSL, but I'm just curious.. is
it on par with setting up a straight ppp session yet on most distros?

--James (in CA)