RE: Sparc junkies

Subject: RE: Sparc junkies
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 19:02:33 AKDT

> I think i'm one of the few that actively run Sparc Linux. :-)
>
> I'm looking for a 24-bit sbus graphics card for my ultra-sparc 2,
> since sun stopped selling the refurbs.. curse them!

The Ultra-2s support UPA cards, too, doesn't it? My TGX+ doesn't support 24-
bit, unfortunately, so no help there. :-P

> Its amazing how useable a 300mhz USparc2 still is, compared to
> a 300mhz pentium. Well, except for the compatibility...

No kidding. My Ultra-1 170MHz pushes some pretty amazing video, too. Anyone
who's only seen x86 hardware will be amazed. . .

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto