Re: Sparc junkies

Subject: Re: Sparc junkies
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 18:59:18 AKDT

> Talk on about this esotaric stuff...
>
> Off the top of my head I might me looking for SM41 to SM81 CPU modules
> (have an SS10 with late enought firmware to take SM81s), SBUS to
> PCMCIA adapters, SBUS 100Mbit ether + UltraWide SCSI adapters, etc...

I'm seeing a lot of the ether/UWSCSI SBUS cards on E-bay lately, and a few
PCMCIA adapters. If you can't get them there, you could try there. I'm
looking for a copper Fibre Channel module (already have a fiber module), too.

> Have a fairly esotaric collection of SPARC, SGI, DEC Alpha, and PC
> hardware myself.

I've got mostly SGI and Sun gear, too.

> Not really looking to spend anything, but willing to trade parts for
> parts.

That would be my first choice, too.

--

--Arthur Corliss Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/ Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/ "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto