RE: Sparc junkies

Subject: RE: Sparc junkies
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Fri May 24 2002 - 18:44:00 AKDT

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> > From: Arthur Corliss [mailto:arthur@corlissfamily.org]
> > Who's the sparc junies on this list? I've got some various
> > parts that I'd be willing to lose, especially if there were
> > other parts I might be interested in. I've got a spare UPA
> > Creator 2D and SBUS TGX+ video cards, for instance, along with
> > some more esoteric gear. Let's hear it from the Sparc Goons! ;-)
>
> I think i'm one of the few that actively run Sparc Linux. :-)

I'm running debian on a Sparcstation IPX, if that counts. =) I'm seriously
thinking of ditching the x86 architecture next upgrade. My T-Bird is nice,
but playing with some of the solaris workstations here on campus... wow.
=)

Also have have two machines sitting here that I acquired.. former HP-UX
boxen, I've got them running parisc/Debian. They're both Apollo 710s.