Re: and so it begins: debian question

Subject: Re: and so it begins: debian question
From: James F. Zuelow Jr. (jamesz@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 14:41:10 AKST

----- Original Message -----
From: "FeLoNiouS MoNK" <codered@gci.net>

> ok everyone.. thanx for the input .. heres my problem .. in RH you
have a command called netconf from command line that will bring up a
inet setup screen .. but in this distro i cant figure out what that
command is .. when i do ifconfig i am just gettin my loop info but no
eth0 .. so apparently sumthin is not set up right .. im tryin to work
this out from the command line considering i havnt gotten X up and
runnin yet.. can anyone help ..
-----

The Debian install script usually lets you configure the network during
the install. Did you install the kernel modules?

If not, no big deal. We can install the modules needed and set up the
card with modprobe, ifconfig and route (see the appropriate man pages).
If you're using DHCP it's even easier (man pump).

Cheers,

James