and so it begins: debian question

Subject: and so it begins: debian question
From: FeLoNiouS MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 14:26:35 AKST

ok everyone.. thanx for the input .. heres my problem .. in RH you have a command called netconf from command line that will bring up a inet setup screen .. but in this distro i cant figure out what that command is .. when i do ifconfig i am just gettin my loop info but no eth0 .. so apparently sumthin is not set up right .. im tryin to work this out from the command line considering i havnt gotten X up and runnin yet.. can anyone help ..