Re: and so it begins: debian question

Subject: Re: and so it begins: debian question
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 14:59:52 AKST

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 14:41, James F. Zuelow Jr. wrote:

> [...]
 It would help to know what version of Debian you decided to use, how
you did your install, net-install ? etc... 'Pump" is not loaded by
default on Woody, so if you did a net-install installl networking sould
be already setup & dhclient is used by Woody. Look at the file
'/etc/network/interfaces' should look something like this for a system
using dhcp:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

'man interfaces' see also 'ifup' 'ifdown',

Debian usually sets up networking during the install !

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part