Re: Yahoo mail

Subject: Re: Yahoo mail
From: Adam Elkins (LinuxRobot@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 00:03:30 AKST

Justin Dieters wrote:

>Looks like I set up my mail server just in time:
>
>-----
>Yahoo! is to start charging for its email forwarding and POP3 services.
>
>Users of the service have until April 24 to decided whether to cough up
>for the service. Yahoo! said it will offer existing users the service
>for a special promo price of $19.99. The normal fee is $29.99 a year.
>
>Yahoo! claims it is imposing the subscription so that it can "improve
>service quality...and reduce spam". The fact that Yahoo! lost $92.8
>million last year obviously has nothing to do with it.
>-----
>
>Read more here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/23/24518.html
>
>I guess webmail is still free, but I hate having to screw around with
>webmail..
>
>Justin
>enderak@yahoo.com

Yeah.....Looks like I'm about to build my own mail srever. I don't know
about anyone else, but I don't get spam. I think I've had maybe 2
messages that were spam sence I've had this acount (5 months or so).
Otherwise, I see this as Yahoo being greedy.

Anyone know of another web based mail that offers free pop?

Adam