Re: Yahoo mail

Subject: Re: Yahoo mail
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 03:45:42 AKST

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Adam Elkins wrote:

> Yeah.....Looks like I'm about to build my own mail srever. I don't know
> about anyone else, but I don't get spam. I think I've had maybe 2
> messages that were spam sence I've had this acount (5 months or so).
> Otherwise, I see this as Yahoo being greedy.
>
> Anyone know of another web based mail that offers free pop?

try http://www.subdimension.com/web/freemail/

Ignore the anarchistic content of the rest of the site, and stay off the
forums if you value your innocence or are easly offended, but hey, what do
you expect from a site run by an indie industrial-rock band?

They also have a web-proxy that's like old-school anonymizer.com as well
as some other net tools.

They don't ask a bunch of questions, so you don't have to lie to them;
they don't WANT to know who you are and they take spam seriously. I have
had no problems what-so-ever on that end while I've been with these guys.

only problem is that they don't provide an smtp service, so you'll have to
make sure you have that covered and they stick a small advert as a sig on
mail sent from their web-mail client; but then again who doesn't. I
haven't used the webmail stuff on there recently, but at least a few
months ago they were running a straight-up copy of IMP-HORDE (or is it
HORDE-IMP? anyway the web-mail package that someone demoed at the IT
fair)

James Gibson