Re: memory limit

Subject: Re: memory limit
buddha@gci.net
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 16:58:17 AKST

It has more to do with your MB chipset and the amount of SRAM and tag RAM
(cache) on the mobo. I once had a Supermicro P5STE with Intel's 430HX
chipset which had a limit of 512MB. When I upgraded the BIOS to MR BIOS to
experiment with IDE RAID the memory limit wasn't affected. I later found
out that Supermicro had left some of the tag RAM off the mobo so I was
stuck at 64MB.

-Buddha