Re: QBooks=? in linux...........

Subject: Re: QBooks=? in linux...........
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 17:34:30 AKST

Gnucash seems to the emerging Quicken replacement for Linux, but I
haven't found a replacement for Quickbooks. I have been keeping an eye
out though.

The main problem I've seen with business accounting packages on Linux is
that they're much higher level than the market Quickbooks is targeted
at. More applicable to a company large enough to have an actual
accounting department.

You might want to check these write-ups on a couple of possibilities.
http://www.idg.net/go.cgi?id=650513 and
http://www.idg.net/go.cgi?id=650515

I haven't finished reading either one of them myself.

Jim Gribbin