game framerates

Subject: game framerates
bryan@ak.net
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 16:59:47 AKST

Clay Scott wrote in <3C7C085C.D747D5F7@pobox.alaska.net>:

> sort of off-topic, but before setting up the nvidia server q3a ran at
> 4fps. now it runs at about 150fps. it's pretty nice. if anyone spots a
> copy of UT in a bargain bin somewhere, let me know...

This is something I've been curious about -- does it really matter
if a game can produce 150 frames per second? Can your monitor even
display 150 fps? Certainly not if it has less than 150 Hz vertical
refresh rate. Can your eyes even *see* 150 fps? I very much doubt
it.

30 fps is the same framerate as American television. Is that not
enough for gaming?

--
Bryan Medsker  (obviously not a gamer)
bryan@ak.net