Re: athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?

Subject: Re: athlon/agp issue. fixed or not?!?
From: Clay Scott (mcfeelie@pobox.alaska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 13:07:29 AKST

to answer craig's question:

there's a really nice Nvidia OpenGL howto here:

http://lhd.zdnet.com/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Nvidia-OpenGL-Configuration-mini-HOWTO/index.html

that should tell you everything you need to know. essentially, install
xfree86, install mesa, install the nvidia glx drivers and the kernel
module. reconfigure the device section in you're Xf86Config to look like
this and you're all set:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Visiontek GeForce3"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "NVAGP" "2"
    Option "accel"
    VideoRam 65536
EndSection

if you need any other help, email me and i'll give you a hand with it.

it seems that the real question lies with the kernel module. people are
looking into how it works with kernel pages, but the nopentium option
should fix lockups in non-accelerated x servers and on the console.
none, of which, helps me much. is there any way i could set up startx to
have multiple configurations available. that way i could tell it to
start the accelerated server or a plain old svga server. seeing as how i
don't play games that much, not much sense in running the accel server
24/7...

clay