Re: request time out with one site

Subject: Re: request time out with one site
From: Greg Hagele (ghagele@alaska.net)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 20:34:25 AKST

Thanks for the help:

I got a note from Dee (whom I hold as a guru in networking) saying there is
nothing wrong with ACS. It could be true. However as Dave has spelled out out
below, this is about what happened. About the first of Dec I was informed that
the ADSL (beta) would be moved to the "new" and primary server at ACS along with
other services. The move went well as far as I had seen from my service until I
had a power outage and the modem recycled. Then there was no service for about
a week. In the end, the folks at ACS were able to "reconfigure" something on
their server and my modem came back up. I changed nothing, no new setting on
the browses, or systems (two computers and Netscape and Explore) , the sites
that I pointed out to this list were accessible until the modem reconfig. I
understand that these sites are accessible to others and me with dial up, yet
for some reason not with my DSL modem. It's just odd that I can't get to them
now. If as Dee thinks that ACS is fine, then what other type of thing could
cause this? My question is, or was in short, is it possible to have some sites
accessible and not other through a ISP?

Here are sites that don't work for me at this point www.weather.com, www.bp.com
and the banking site at banking.wellsfargo.com

I appreciate all the help and have e-mailed ACS hope they can shed some light on
this, but if as Dee said that it's not an ACS problem, they which way should I
be looking? Any and all ideas are appreciated. I just wanted to see if I was
looking in the wrong direction before I call my ISP.

thanks again

greg