Re: request time out with one site

Subject: Re: request time out with one site
From: Dave Loutrel (ACME) (dbl@acme-ent.net)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 19:24:36 AKST

What I've heard is that their new software that's part of the "new"
incorporated State Contract isn't quite working like it's supposed to. My
understanding is that when they converted the Internet Alaska customers some
of the older "customized" customers didn't convert and actually crashed the
new system (was your DSL/e-mail down around the 1st week in Dec?).

At any rate, in converting PTI and AI into ACS Internet, the screwed the
fuckin pooch!

I'd say "thank goodness for GCI" but I'd be lying my ass off since they
don't know the first thing about network infrastructure (or as they keep
telling me "just unplug the cable modem for 10 minutes").

Dave Loutrel
Operations Manager,
ACME Enterprises Hosting & Design
www.acme-ent.net

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson