[aklug] Re: Anyone have a spare mechanical/IBM keyboard?

From: Lee Brumbaugh <lbrumbaugh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 21 2015 - 10:59:23 AKDT

David,

Yes, that is indeed the one I'm using.. for 10+ years now. They really are
great keyboards. I've had multiple people here email me stating to just
throw it into the dishwasher to clean it, and I'm probably going to try
cleaning it but first take it apart and clean all the pieces. Thanks for
the Ebay info though, that might be what will happen if I butcher the
cleaning process.

I was also looking at the Sculpt for new ergos and that's curious about key
placement; I didn't know that was a problem. Do you still have it? I'd be
interested in just laying my hands on one briefly to try it for myself. I
like that they separated the number pad from the main keyboard to hopefully
make it a slimmer/closer to the mouse design which is why I've also been
looking at tenkeyless keyboards. I briefly looked at 60% but they just
seem a little too small..

Also Greg Madden had a IBM Model M keyboard for me! Thanks Greg! I need
to clean that one up as well, but nothing quite like the buckling springs
of the old keyboards..

*Lee Brumbaugh*