[aklug] Re: Anyone have a spare mechanical/IBM keyboard?

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sat Aug 22 2015 - 12:14:19 AKDT

* Lee Brumbaugh <lbrumbaugh@gmail.com> [150821 11:03]:
> David,
>
> Yes, that is indeed the one I'm using.. for 10+ years now. They really are
> great keyboards. I've had multiple people here email me stating to just
> throw it into the dishwasher to clean it, and I'm probably going to try
> cleaning it but first take it apart and clean all the pieces. Thanks for
> the Ebay info though, that might be what will happen if I butcher the
> cleaning process.
>
> I was also looking at the Sculpt for new ergos and that's curious about key
> placement; I didn't know that was a problem. Do you still have it? I'd be
> interested in just laying my hands on one briefly to try it for myself. I
> like that they separated the number pad from the main keyboard to hopefully
> make it a slimmer/closer to the mouse design which is why I've also been
> looking at tenkeyless keyboards. I briefly looked at 60% but they just
> seem a little too small..
>

> Also Greg Madden had a IBM Model M keyboard for me! Thanks Greg! I need
> to clean that one up as well, but nothing quite like the buckling springs
> of the old keyboards..

  I got a matthias mini tactile pro. Spendy but worth it
  http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Tactile-Pro-Mac-Mechanical/dp/B00FW7FHFE/ref=lp_10160829011_1_1?srs=10160829011&ie=UTF8&qid=1440274311&sr=8-1
  (yes, it is for a mac, but works fine on my mac mini's ubuntu
  partition).
  But plan on getting a key puller. They're run less than $10.00 on
  Amazon. I would think that would be a great help for cleaning and
  general maintenance.

--
Tim