[aklug] Re: Addios Adobe. Hello Master PDF Editor!

From: R Denison <gaijin@gci.net>
Date: Sat Mar 14 2015 - 13:59:52 AKDT

On 03/14/2015 12:29 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
> It used to be for my clients I could email my report in pdf almost certain
> they would not edit or change the values in the report..the report was a
> pass/fail on their work so they could have nefarious intentions regarding
> data integrity...some would.
>
> These days my solution is to not do business with clients I can not trust..do
> not answer the phone if it does not have a 907 area code..the list goes on.

Seeing encryption and PDFs seem to be the subjects of the day: Libre
Office supports export to PDF and can digitally sign the exported files
with an SSL certificate. For personal use it might be sufficient to
sign with a self generated cert, but you can still buy personal SSL
certificates as well. (GlobalSign e.g. will sell a "Professional" cert
with company name etc. for $90 dollars.)

Food for thought, Xinu knows there's been more than a few people I
thought trustworthy that did Stupid Shit over the course of my life. :)

R.