[aklug] Re: Introduction...

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 10:59:14 AKDT

* Josh Reynolds <josh@spitwspots.com> [141031 00:51]:
> Hey guys :)
>
> New to the list, so figured I would give a quick intro...
  Howdy!
> provider with a mix of residential and commercial services, including
> managed wifi and hotspots. We also dabble in a few other things.
  We're long overdue of having a show-and-tell

> I'm 33 years old, married (8 years), have 3 kids (15 year old step-son,
> 7 year old daughter, and 3 year old son), and we recently acquired a
> shih-poo puppy named Minion last week.
  I'm a Nodaker transplant to Ak in 1971, been in Palmer since 1976.
  Palmer minions like to refer to Homer minions as Homeroids. I hear
  that Homer minions refer to Palmer minions as Palmeroids.

  I'm a semi-retired freelance programmer (since 1989 and have also
  been a commercial fisherman, farmer, surveyor, park ranger,
  dishwahser and cook) and full-time yard boy for my wife. We have 6
  'kids', the youngest of which turns 36 in two weeks. At 65, I'm
  probably the eldest in the ML.

  I hack on a Mac Mini with iterm, vim, emacs either directly or
  with SSH from a netbook with lubuntu/fluxbox. Like all real men I
  use terminal mode and consider pointing devices to be for sissies.

  One of my brother does the tech support for the Homer Police
  Department 911 call center. The elder cops there like to remind
  him that back in the 70's my bro could be seen mushing a dog team
  down the street with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other.
  "Hands free and voice activated".

> Nice to meet you all!
  Keep your stick on the ice.

--