[aklug] Introduction...

From: Josh Reynolds <josh@spitwspots.com>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2014 - 00:48:25 AKDT

Hey guys :)

New to the list, so figured I would give a quick intro...

Born and raised in Owensboro, Ky, the home of the world's best mutton
BBQand very close to some excellent bourbon distilleries ;)

I have worked for Dell (remote tech), Wells Fargo (linux based firewall
design), Global Crossing (Phoenix), and several other companies. I've
been using linux since around 1996 (started with RedHat, then Mandrake,
and finally settled on Debian and stuck with it). I built my first
(FreeBSDbased) 8 node hot-swappable load balancing web cluster at 2000
while working for a webhost in Phoenix. I spent time as anetwork admin
at various SMB's, and have helped develop products for Thales, Harris,
Raveon, Accedian Networks(under the Performant Networksproject), and
Ubiquiti Networks.

I also spent 6 years in the Indiana Army National Guard as a Joint Fires
Observer / Fire Support NCO / SIPRNet Administrator and served in OIF
07-08, and left the Army as the Fire Support NCO for 1-152 RSTA.

I moved up here to Alaska a little over a year ago to help a friend of
mine with his WISP in Homer called SPITwSPOTS. We're a fixed wireless
provider with a mix of residential and commercial services, including
managed wifi and hotspots. We also dabble in a few other things.

I'm 33 years old, married (8 years), have 3 kids (15 year old step-son,
7 year old daughter, and 3 year old son), and we recently acquired a
shih-poo puppy named Minion last week.

I like firearms, martial arts (love watching MMA), NFL, reading, TV,
movies, traveling, and long walks on Bishop's Beach in Homer, Alaska :)

I also spend a lot of time on irc, the Ubiquiti Forum, and the
afmug/wispa/nanog/arin/pfsense/various_security lists.

I haven't been involved with a LUG since around 2001, so it's awesome to
find out there's one here in Alaska - even if it is up in Anchorage :)

Nice to meet you all!

--
Josh Reynolds, Chief Information Officer
SPITwSPOTS, www.spitwspots.com <http://www.spitwspots.com>